Friday 20 April 2012

Macbeth in four days!





Macbeth

On the first day of the Shakespeare course Ros and Ian introduced us all to each other and told us that the Shakespearian play we would be doing was Macbeth. I already knew quite a few people because I go to the Theatresaurus drama club every Tuesday with them. It was great fun to go around in turns and read out lines of the script so Ros and Ian could choose who would play which character. I was chosen to play Lady Macbeth who is one of the main characters and is the one who convinces Macbeth to kill all those people. At first I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to remember all my lines because I don’t have the best memory and there were a lot of lines, but all my friends (old and new) gave me lots of encouragement and went over my lines with me. Ros and Ian were also very encouraging.

On the fourth day which was the day we would be doing the performance I was really nervous, everyone else seemed quiet calm and relaxed and told me not to worry. As soon as I saw all the people who were in the first scene come back stage with huge grins on their faces, I was reassured and went on to do my first scene. Although it was nerve wracking I was full of adrenaline and finished the play without any problems.

I did the Easter course last year also and although I didn’t have a main part I still enjoyed it very much. I think I have benefited from this experience by learning how to memorize huge parts of speech in a short time as well as learning how to control my nerves, so hopefully in the next play that I do I can have another speaking part. I LOVE Theatresaurus and recommend it to people of all ages who like acting or for people who would just like to make some new friends!

Scout Whitaker



Thank you Ros, Neil and Ian for another great week of drama. Every time Scout attends a drama course with you she comes away from it more confident and quietly determined to do better next time. She has developed a real love of Shakespeare which I am sure comes with acting it out rather than just reading or writing about it. She had a wonderful time this week and both Antony and I were so impressed by the performance that all the children gave in putting on such a polished production of Macbeth, an amazing feat in only 4 days.

Melinda Whitaker

No comments:

Post a Comment